Monday, October 23, 2006

Enter Dry Season

We have definately entered dry season. Today, Heather, Kathleen and myself headed downtown for a meeting at Group of 77 in preparation for a new Family Literacy Kathleen is hoping to start and to run some other errands. It was my hottest day here yet I think. We got stuck in traffic, and without airconditioning, well lets just say, there was a lot of sweating going on. Also, we ran into some people Kathleen knows, so had a small chat on the highway. At one point we were driving in a third lane, on the two lane highway. I said to Kathleen, isn’t this cheating, and she said, nope, completely allowed. Well, if it got us there faster, I wasn’t complaining. I was very pleased to get home, and out of the hot sun. This afternoon I taught my two literacy students. Did a spelling test, some new spelling words, and learned a little bit about adjectives. I’ll admit, grammar was never my strong point, and so I am learning, just a step ahead of them:)
It was a sad weekend this weekend. We were very happy on Saturday Morning, when we saw that our goat Taffy had given birth to two baby goats. Very cute, tiny black fuzzy babies. Sadly, they were small and weak, we believe born too early, and one died Saturday night and the other Sunday night. Sunday night, I went in the goat pen with Kathleen, she was in there trying to feel for a heartbeat. When we found none, we took the little body to be buried, and put her in small cardboard box. Taffy, as soon as her baby was gone started to bleat. It was very sad. It really reminded me of the fragility of life. We cannot control who lives and who dies, when it comes down to it, only God holds that power. He creates us, gives us life and breath, and knows the numbers of our days. For some, that might be disconcerting, but I find comfort in that, it’s one less thing for me to worry about, God has it all figured.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 p.m., Blogger emily said...

Aunty bec that is a very sad story about the baby goats. I am sure the momma was sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home